Netizen Shares Traffic Officer Refused Her Bribe Because of Duterte

Change is indeed coming, this is the statement of a concerned citizen who claimed through a letter sent to Top Gear Philippines that a traffic police officer refused her bribe during an incident.


According to a certain Jamaica Ysobelle she was flagged down by a traffic officer for beating the red light. She also revealed that she was pregnant and tried to bribe the officer but he refused to accept the bribe and noted that "magagalit si Digong," in taking the supposed bribe.

Here's the Complete Statement of Jamaica Ysobelle as told to Top Gear Philippines:

Hi, Top Gear. Last night, I was flagged down by a traffic officer for beating the red light. I am five months pregnant, and being stuck in EDSA traffic on a cold, rainy night was torture, as I constantly need to pee in this condition.

I begged him not to take my license as it would be an inconvenience for me (I am from Cavite). So I handed him a P500 bill. He was about to hand me back my license when he also handed back the P500 bill, saying, 'Ma'am, wag na po, magagalit si Digong. Ingat po kayo'.

I felt guilty for even trying to bribe him. But I felt proud and happy because for the first time after so many years of driving in Manila, a traffic officer refused a bribe. He was clearly struggling to take the money, but in the end he didn't, and that's what matters. In the middle of EDSA traffic--rain and all--I felt hopeful and rubbed my belly.

I told my soon-to-be-born baby, 'Your future might just be a little better...change could really be happening'."


Source: Top Gear Philippines
Loading...
Netizen Shares Traffic Officer Refused Her Bribe Because of Duterte Netizen Shares Traffic Officer Refused Her Bribe Because of Duterte Reviewed by Anne Reyes on May 20, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.